Solvent Recovery – Benefits:
Zaraplast is one of the pioneers in incorporating the solvent recovery process into the production process.
The project is focused on optimizing industrial processes focused on better energy use and reducing environmental impact by presenting a fully automated Industrial Solvent Recovery system that allows full-time monitoring and supervision of all phases of operation / work.
The recovery of the industrial solvent involves different processes for each type of substance. The industry is always seeking mechanisms for the reuse of these substances, focusing essentially on factors such as economy in resource management by optimized industrial operations.
The process is complex, but the overall operation is relatively simple. The solvent-borne vapor, which would emanate into the atmosphere, is drawn from the equipment and, through a main duct, is sent for recovery. Within the system, five major steps are performed until solvent regeneration:
– Adsorption (where the solvent molecules are “captured” from the airflow);
– Regeneration (the active charcoal bed is stabilized to restart a new cycle);
– Condensation (where the solvent passes from the gaseous to liquid state);
– Dehydration (where the water contained in the solvent is removed);
– Distillation (where the solvent components are separated by liquid-vapor equilibrium).
The solvent, taken up in the gaseous and impure form starting process, is obtained in liquid form with high purity at the completion of the recovery steps, suitable for reuse.